*This term is currently closed to applications but hopeful interns may still apply for future terms*
Student Internship Opportunity
Due to funding requirements, this position is for a student currently enrolled in any post secondary program.
Administrative Assistant - Job Description
The Clinic Assistant will help facilitate smooth operation of the clinic and its provision of acupuncture and associated services.
- Assist patients upon arrival to and when leaving their appointments
- Clinic maintenance
- Set up and take down treatment rooms
- Stock supplies and linens
- Help maintain a clean, orderly, and welcoming environment
- Appointment bookings, arrivals, payments, insurance billing, and rescheduling
- Maintain client communications in person and over phone and email
- Use a variety of software including Jane, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, email, design software, documents, and spreadsheets
- Filing and organizing
- Optional: basic financial record keeping
Marketing and fundraising
- Maintain website and social media presence
- Research advertising and networking opportunities
- Optional: create an ad campaign
- Optional: research funding opportunities, apply for funding and/or create a fundraising campaign
- Good communication and organizational skills are a strong asset
- A drivers’ license and vehicle is strongly recommended
- A background or interest in medical, health, and/or traditional care and community support is an asset.
- Due to funding requirements, this position is for a student currently enrolled in any post secondary program.
Remuneration: $15.20 per hour
Hours: This is a temporary internship position. Hours are part time, possibly leading to full time. Minimum 15 hours and up to 30 hours per week.
Start date: New round each season, up to a maximum of 30 weeks.
Applications & information:
Laurel Irons, R.Ac.
PO Box 444 Keremeos BC V0X 1NO