Keremeos and Osoyoos BC
Part time with option for full time
Potential partnership opportunity – please enquire
Short-term / student placements available – please enquire
Okanagan-Similkameen Community Acupuncture is hiring a part-time acupuncturist for Keremeos and Osoyoos clinics. Part time with potential to become full-time position. Business partnership potential for the right person.
Great opportunity to work in a beautiful year-round destination location in a friendly, relaxed and supportive clinical & community setting.
Pay structure may be hourly, commission, or combination of both. Temporary housing assistance may be available. Details discussed upon enquiry.
To be considered the applicant must:
- Have a current BC R.Ac, TCMP or DTCM registration in good standing
- Have or be able to acquire own acupuncture malpractice insurance (student insurance option available for students)
A valid drivers’ licence and own vehicle is a strong asset but not mandatory
The ideal applicant will:
- Be positive, friendly, caring, and dependable
- Work well independently, but take direction well
- Have community acupuncture experience or be interested in learning
- Be able to provide both community and private acupuncture
- Be able to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced environment
- Be willing and able to relocate to the South Okanagan / Valley (in or around Osoyoos BC)
Please indicate your training, experience, certification in any of the following:
- Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Cupping, Moxa, Qi Gong, Tui Na, Gua Sha
- TCM, Japanese, Tan, Tung, NADA, auricular, Koryo hand therapy, facial rejuvenation, IMS, acupoint injection, or other acupuncture techniques
- Any clinical experience
- Any other relevant experience and training
Enquiries / applications:
Laurel Irons, R.Ac.
Okanagan-Similkameen Community Acupuncture
PO Box 444 Keremeos BC V0X 1N0
250.499.1905 | firstname.lastname@example.org | oksacupuncture.com
Volunteer Posting – Keremeos & Osoyoos
Do you have a calm and helpful demeanor? Do you have a basic knowledge of acupuncture and herbs, or do you want to learn? Would you like free acupuncture? Why not consider sharing your gifts as a clinic volunteer!
OSCA is a social business dedicated to providing affordable, accessible acupuncture, herbs, and other holistic therapies.
In order to maintain the lowest rates possible, Community Acupuncture clinics rely on volunteers to support the smooth and efficient delivery of our products and services.
We are currently seeking volunteers willing to commit to working 2 – 4 hour shifts. This could be once a week, once every 2 weeks, monthly, or on occasional / on call frequency. Morning, daytime or evening, weekday or weekend shifts are available to choose from.
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Attending an initial orientation
- Reading the volunteer guidelines and learning basic information about clinic therapies
- Providing personal contact info, references and relevant work history to the clinic
- Signing volunteer and confidentiality agreements
- Reception duties – ie. greeting visitors, answering questions, answering the phone, new patient orientation, product sales
- Administrative duties – ie. taking appointments, filing
- Light housekeeping duties – ie. helping maintain a clean and tidy space, stocking toilet paper, filling water dispenser, making tea
- Promotion and special events – ie. postering, staffing open houses and wellness events
- Receiving regular FREE acupuncture treatments
Volunteers can be registered as members of the Peoples Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA) so that your efforts will support not only our clinic and community, but also the broader international community acupuncture movement. To learn about POCA visit www.pocacoop.com